Frequently Asked Questions About Music For Your BAR/BAT MITZVAH
Why should I use an entertainment agency?
We will help you find the right entertainment, check availability, and secure the contract. The artist(s) you choose for your event will be reliable, professional, will set up on time and will perform the music you expect to hear.
Why is entertainment important at a Bar/Bat Mitzvah function?
The bandleader or disc jockey takes care of Master of Ceremony duties and coordinates the large selection of games or themes that you may decide to use. Also, most people remember live entertainment and dancing to a wide selection of songs as a highlight to the event. People who don't dance enjoy hearing high quality bands playing music not often heard at other venues.
What is the difference between having a disc jockey and a live band?
A disc jockey will play the original recordings that you are most familiar with. A disc jockey will require a lot less space, if that is an issue. A disc jockey is less expensive than a live band. Some disc jockeys are very good at leading dances, adding humor, and encouraging audience participation.
What should I expect if I hire a disc jockey?
Again, there are several considerations in hiring a disc jockey:
Should we have a Live Band?
- He/she should be able to act as Master of Ceremonies, making announcements and introductions.
- The disc jockey should know how to get the party started and how to read a crowd.
- He/she should use up-to-date digital equipment and should bring backup equipment as well.
- A disc jockey should bring a large collection of music, including selections from the 1940's to the present.
- He/she should be happy to play the songs that you want to hear and should gladly play requests.
What is your reaction when you are invited to an event and you hear that a live band will be performing? If you are like most, you are very excited to hear the news. A really electrifying and entertaining band will give you the feeling of assurance that this day will be all that you thought it would be and more!
It is very energizing to dance to a live band all night long and it can make the difference between a great event and an average one. A live band will, however, cost more than a disc jockey.
What should I expect if I hire a live band?
There are several considerations in hiring a live band:
- A band should have considerable experience performing at functions.
- A band should be willing to play the music you want to hear.
- A band should be versatile and able to perform a wide variety of music, ranging from the 1940's to the present. The band should vary the type of music they play, offering something for everybody for an entire evening.
- The number of performers will affect the cost. Generally, a band with more personnel will provide a wider range of musical arrangements and entertainment capabilities.
With the right music, games, entertainment, contests and prizes, the celebration will be fun for everyone!
What types of activities do you offer?
We feel that the interaction with your guests is as important as the music itself. We have a number of ideas to make the event an enjoyable time for all. We can start with a high energy announcement of the guest of honor, often times with all the guests standing on both sides of the entrance forming an arch allowing the guest of honor to shake hands as he/she walks through. Games such as Simon Says, and Karaoke work well. There can be trivia involving the guest of honor. Some questions could include his/her favorite food, teacher, past time, etc. We suggest having prizes for the winners. Another idea that you might consider is to have a theme party. Use your imagination; the ideas are endless.
How can I arrange a candle lighting ceremony of my Bar/Bat Mitzvah?
Shortly before the scheduled date you will receive a special pre-event form from us that allows you to convey how you want to handle all ceremonies, introductions, songs, register, etc.